Welcome

Hello! My name’s Charlie, I’m a 21-year-old politics student in his third and final year at the University of Sussex (in the ever-sunny Brighton, England) and this is my blog. Here are a few things about me so you know what to expect from my musings.

1.     I am a student who very much enjoys the student lifestyle. That is to say, whilst I love nights out, partying, alcohol and all that, my favourite part of University is the fact that it is deemed socially acceptable to have not got dressed or even out of bed by 5pm. In the words of that virgin media advert, I am a sofa bear. My Netflix is almost eternally running, if it’s not then I’m probably playing FIFA in my equally lazy housemate’s bedroom. Third year doesn’t count right?
(Image credit: Virgin Media)

2.     When I do make the effort to drag myself out of bed, I usually find my lectures rather interesting. I’m absolutely fascinated by US Politics in particular (despite living the other side of the Atlantic my entire life) and will no doubt mention the colourful cast of characters they have over there numerous times.

3.     If they sell it in HMV, I’m probably a fan. My Christmas list every year is made up almost entirely by DVDs, CDs or (less frequently now) Playstation games, and I don’t have much imagination outside of these three areas when it comes to buying gifts. I’m a massive lover of films and will happily watch anything once - favourites include the likes of Pulp Fiction, The Wolf of Wall Street, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and anything with either Marvel or PIXAR in the credits. I’m all about physical ownership of music and have over two and a half thousand legally acquired songs on my iPhone – gotta support the industry. Again, I’m not picky; I’ll listen to most genres and judge artists on the quality of music they play, rather than the type.

4.     I’m one of those deluded Liverpool fans. Every year is our year, Steven Gerrard is poetry in shorts and Brendan Rodgers is the greatest manager to grace these shores in the entire history of football. I rank Jerzy Dudek’s double save from Andriy Shevchenko in the 2005 Champions League Final as a greater miracle than the feeding of the five thousand and believe that Demba Ba is the worst human alive for robbing us of the title we so deserved in 2013/14. I expect there will be at least a few posts on my burning passion for the Red half of Merseyside during my time at the helm of this blog.

5.     I’m a colossal Apple fanboy, have been for as long as I can remember. I currently own an iPhone 5 and a MacBook Pro and am currently looking for ways to justify upgrading both to the latest models. I wake up all excited on the morning of a new iOS/OSX release, and even more excitedly on the morning of an Apple Event where they show off the next small iterations they’ve made to their products. If I could afford it, I would walk into an Apple store and walk out with everything under my arm but sadly that’s just a pipe dream on my current budget of approximately 37p.

6.     I’m in a band. Whilst we’re currently on hiatus as our guitarist is taking a year abroad in the US of A, ‘Five Dollar Shakes’ are planning a (small-scale) nation-wide tour in the summer. I play bass.
(Image credit: giphy.com)

7.     Finally, I have set up a business with my long-term (and long-distance) girlfriend Chloe (who also has a blog - mojichlo.uk) and we design, make, and sell various products such as phone cases and makeup bags; they're primarily aimed at teenage girls, but we’ve seen them have a bit of a broader appeal. I would really appreciate it if you could take the time to head over to lamedesign.bigcartel.com and check us out – maybe even buy something for yourself or a friend!

So yeah, that brings me to the end of this first blog post. Wasn’t that fun! I’m new to this whole realm of the Internet, so would love some suggestions of good blogs to check out. Feel free to follow me on twitter as well @philosl0thical, where I’ll be tweeting about interesting things and shamelessly (and relentlessly) plugging my new blog posts.

1 comment

© Philoslothical

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig